Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Busy Monday and New Classroom Pics


Yesterday was a busy day for me.  My son, Kyle, is taking golfing lessons so we traveled (50 miles) for that lesson in the morning.  It was a 2 hour lesson so I stayed since I really didn't have any place to go.  At the end of his lesson, he was informed that he may move up a level because he is not a beginner like most of the other students that were there. Next week when we go again, he is going to have to pass a test about Golf Rules.  If he passes, he goes to another golf course with more experienced golfers.  I sure hope he passes!

After the golf lesson, I dropped Kyle and his friend off at the YMCA waterpark to swim while I went to my new classroom to organize the filing cabinet. (The teacher before me left a lot of files that I need to go through so that I can put my files in there.) Found some exciting things.  Here are a few before pictures of my classroom. I can't wait until they are finished cleaning the room so that I can really get in there and start decorating and organizing.
This is a pic from the doorway into my new classroom.
 
This view is from my kidney table/teacher area.
This is a view from the corner of the room facing the door out to the hallway.
This is looking at my teacher area for next year. I have two closets. Yes!!
It doesn't seem very big to me right now.  Not sure if I am going to be able to fit everything that I had in my other room into this one. My old room was longer but not as wide.  This one is wider but not as long. You would think that it would be okay. We shall see.  Also, there are soooooo many more bulletin boards then I had in my other classroom. Not sure what I am going to put on all of them.

After I worked on that for about 2 hours, I picked up the boys and we headed to the Pink Theatre, which is the cheap theatre here in town $3.50 per ticket, and we watched "OZ The Great and Powerful". We had not seen this movie yet and it was one that I wanted to see. I really liked it but at the end I wish they would have made more of a connection with the wicked witches and how the Red Ruby Slippers became so popular with the Wizard of Oz.  Oh Well, I guess that is just the teacher in me...:)
After the movie, we headed back home the 50 miles and finished the evening at home. Hope your summer break is going great!
Until Next Time,
           Happy Blogging

4 comments:

  1. It's always fun to get into a new classroom.
    Enjoy your decorating!

    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara. I can't wait to begin.

      Delete
  2. I look forward to seeing how your room turns out. I am also moving into a new room, but it won't be cleaned until mid July, so I have lots of time to plan still...

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole. I am so eager to get in there and figure things out. Have fun planning your new room and I hope you post pics also.

      Delete