Sunday, September 23, 2012

What A "WILD" Spirit Week


This week at school we had Spirit Week for Official Enrollment Week.  It was such a fun time with the students! On Wednesday we had Mix-Match Day so my student teacher, Ms. Thieme and myself, got into the spirit and dressed up.

On Thursday was Orange and Black Day so, of course, some of the teachers had to get into the spirit of being "Tigers".  Pictured below is: Ms. Arnold (Kinder), Ms. Martin (First) and Myself (Second).  It was so much fun and the students loved seeing their teachers faces painted.

Even though we were having fun with Spirit Week, we were also learning about our last Daily 5 for the school year.  "Listening to Read" was introduced to the students and it went so fast because the students knew exactly what was expected and how they should act when they participate in this center.  The one thing that will take a few of the students time to learn is how to start and find the story that they want to listen to on the CD player. I will be working with this group of students this week so that I can make sure that they understand how to do it before I start working with my small groups. It is going so well and I am so excited to see it all coming together.  We are still assigning Dailies to each of the students so they are not choosing their own Dailies yet but hopefully by the middle of October this will be happening.  I will keep you posted.

If you like to create using different "fonts" on your computer, you need to go over to Teaching Maddeness.  She has created some very fun free "fonts" that you can download to your computer.  I added a free new ones to my computer.  Even if you are not a teacher, these fonts are fun to have for any occasion. Click on the picture below to go to her blog and begin downloading.


Well, that is it for this week.  Hopefully next week I will have some pictures of our Daily 5 up and running with students doing some amazing work.  Have a great week with your students and children.

Until Next Time,
        Happy Blogging

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for pointing me toward those fonts. I downloaded two of them. Can't wait to see your daily 5 pics. My kiddos are doing well at REad to Self. We'll start Read to Someone this week.
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear they are doing good! I will go over and visit your blog. Thanks for visiting mine.

      Delete